Thursday, August 11, 2011

Logo design

I've had an influx of logo design work this week and thought I'd show you a little bit of the process I go through when I'm creating.

I work with a brief. You tell me what ideas you have, what colours, theme, style, shape, character you want your logo to have. Do you want your name to be in it or do you want it to be an icon/symbol? The better I know your company, the better I can come up with an image you'll be happy with.

The project below for NJO was to take their original logo and give it a youthful flare. The purpose of the design was to have it printed on tshirts that people, especially younger people, would want to wear.

I took elements from the original logo - square with a squiggle - and put together some ideas in different colours.

The client picked their 3 favourites and I worked on them. Then they presented them to their younger clients to vote on and the winning design was picked and printed.

No comments:

Post a Comment