Saturday, October 1, 2011

Custom invitations: Yo Gabba Gabba

Some of the first (way back when I was still using a free trial of photoshop) graphic design work  I received was through my sweet friend, Laurie of GabbaFriends.com designing custom birthday party invitations for Yo Gabba Gabba fans. Laurie was enthusiastic and encouraging back then when my work looked like this: 


That's what 10 bucks'll get ya! Yikes. I never claimed to be a graphic designer then, ok?!

My layouts and concepts got better over time, thank goodness and I learned to create my own backgrounds and *ahem* shapes, and such.

Getting better, right? I probably made all of those layouts together faster than my very first one. My degree in Graphic Design helped a lot with that too...

This client wanted this design specifically which meant I got to take things to the next level and created the silhouettes (vectors) from scratch, shape by shape.

Learning, learning, learning and loving it. Hopefully you appreciate the prices I charge after seeing what $10 will get you.

No comments:

Post a Comment