Monday, August 12, 2013

Recipe: Frito Salad

Last week I asked the girls in my Healthy Lifestyle group for some recipe ideas. My friend Kristin suggested Frito Salad, which isn't something I'd ever heard - I'm not sure why they really tasty recipes are being kept a secret from me... 


Anyway! I made it and it was SO good. Here's how:

1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 cucumber, peeled and diced
1 bunch of spring/green onions, chopped
1 green bell pepper, diced
fresh diced tomatoes - I picked up one of those bowls of fresh pico and threw that in

You can also add celery, onion, red pepper, or any other crispy fresh vegetables you might fancy.

Mix them all up and then pour a full recipe of this homemade Catalina Dressing over it all, mix it up and then tuck in.

We ate it with Frito Scoops but you could top taco salad with it (we'll be doing that tonight), eat it in a wrap, or with corn chips, top enchiladas with it etc. Very tasty!

1 comment:

  1. glad you liked it! we made a big batch and have been eating on it all week. :) i love it!

    ReplyDelete