Monday, August 5, 2013

Recipe: Mexican Black Bean Salad Tostada

I meal plan for the week to help keep me on track with my healthy eating. Today I made a recipe that was recommended by my cohort, Brooke.

The original Weight Watchers recipe can be found here.

I got carried away when I started making it and didn't follow the directions.
Here's what I used:

1 can black beans drained and rinsed
1 can corn
1 can diced green chilis
1 large avocado, diced
3 teaspoons minced garlic
1/4 cup lime juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon cumin
1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
half a red onion
1 bunch of cilantro, chopped
salt + pepper

I didn't use jicama, because I don't really know what that even is.

This made 8 tostadas and left enough for maybe 4 more.

I topped my toasted corn tortilla with a little cheese - I can't resist - lettuce, then the black bean mixture, cucumber and a little Cholula hot sauce.

Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment