Thursday, September 26, 2013

Recipe: Crockpot Chicken Tikka Masala + homemade naan bread

The picture does not do this one justice. I should have walked the 3 feet from my plate to my camera... Anyone who has had Chicken Tikka Masala will look past the flourecent ceiling light iphone pic and understand what a little gem this one is.

We are big Indian food fans in The Adams Abode. On top of that I'm a huge crockpot fan. This is double whammy and I'm 98% certain it will not disappoint - there are a few tweaks that could be made just for personal preference but this is a fantastic tikka masala foundation.

The recipe I used came via pinterest, so it could have been a huge flop. The stars aligned though.
Here's the source of the recipe.

Whilst I'm going for convenience and using ye olde crockpot I cracked out the breadmaker, who am I kidding it sits there all the time. I use that guy once a week at least. Fill your breadmachine up with the ingredients for this naan bread and set it on "dough". When it's done take it out and set it on a floured surface, cut it into 8 equal pieces and follow the original recipe through.

I'm a big fan of just the curry sauce and naan and was horrified to learn how cheap naan actually is. The Indian food industry has made a fortune off me and my sauce dipping ways! This recipe makes 8 really good sized breads (probably about the size of my two palms) - read it: EIGHT WHOLE naan breads. How much would 8 naan's cost at a restaurant? $40? $5ish a naan? For this naan recipe for 8 naans it's costing $1.27... $0.67 for one naan. 67 CENTS!

This naan recipe is also good for stuffing, if that's what you like. I always brush them with garlic butter, but I have stuffed them with carmalised onions and basil before. Deelish!

Go on and give this a go and let me know how you like it.

1 comment:

  1. Yummy i love chicken tika, and this recipe looks delicious....

    Simon

    ReplyDelete