Tuesday, November 12, 2013

An attitude of gratitude


The biggest lesson I've ever been taught came through years of waiting to become pregnant. It wasn't until the end of those long 7 years that I finally got it, and then was blessed with Autumn. I was blessed with a new attitude and then with Autumn. I'm grateful for the trials that have shaped me thus far. I didn't enjoy them, but I'm grateful for them nonetheless. Nothing seems as painful as all those years. Years that I survived and conquered.

Naming her Autumn is symbolic for me. Autumn is a new season, a season of thanks and final maturing. I feel like I was blessed with her at the beginning of the Autumn of my own life. Autumn is wholesome, a season of harvest, hard work; it's golden and full of focus and blessings. I'm grateful for Autumn.

No comments:

Post a Comment